International Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (IJMAP) is English language, open access, peer-reviewed, online, quarterly, research journal that promotes the exchange of knowledge and research in the following areas:
- Basic research on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAP’s)
- Ethnopharmocology, Fitoterapia, Phytomedicines and medicinal crops. Uses of medicinal plants in Ayurveda, Siddha, Yoga, Unani, Naturopathy, Homoeopathy, Chinese medicine, Folk-remedies, and other traditional health care systems.
- Condiments, perfumery, essential oil plants, culinary herbs, aromatic plants.
- Ecological, taxonomical, conservational, phenological, reproductive, cultivational, biological, biochemical, chemical, technological and economical aspects of MAP’s.
- Impacts of environmental degradation and climate change on MAP’s.
The scope of journal extends to all the aspects of MAP’s research. The journal welcomes the submission of manuscripts that meet the general criteria of significance and scientific excellence.
The journal aims to encourage communication between scientists in disparate fields who share a common interest in MAP’s. The journal strives to bridge the gap between researchers, academicians, industrialists, farm managers, policy makers and society to benefit all stakeholders. We encourage submission of articles that will have the strongest interest and value to the journal's international readership. Some key features of articles with strong interest include:
- Studies on the properties of rare and lesser known MAP’s.
- Novel ideas or approaches to important challenges in the field of MAP's research.
- Studies that address a population of interest beyond the scale of single research sites.
- Review articles on timely and important topics.
- Interdisciplinary research involving MAP’s.
Article Processing Charges
Accepted articles will immediately appear online and published in the next issue of the Journal. To maintain the journal and other related costs, authors are required to pay the article processing charges. Authors from India are required to pay Rs. 5,000/- and authors from other countries are required to pay 150 USD/ 100 British Pounds as article processing charges. In some cases depending on the circumstances article processing charges may be partially or fully waived.